Friday, July 10, 2009

Fajitas!


Yes, I think I married a master chef. Which is really good, because I can't cook at all. It will probably be the death of me (and has already been the death of my figure) but we try new food all the time. This is my personal favorite. Fajitas with poblano peppers (very Texas) and homemade pico de gallo. Mmmmm. I'm usually not a fajita person, but the seasoning on this is over the top.

4 comments:

Jeri said...

OK. So what is the seasoning? I'm making fajitas tomorrow. :)

And what the heck kind of meat is that? Rattlesnake? LOL

Tavs said...

Lol, it is beef :) I am having some for breakfast right now.

So, we buy the meat pre-seasoned at Fiesta Mart, and you could find it there or at any other Mexican food grocer. Then we put Creole seasoning and seasoning salt on it, and grill it until it is almost too well done.

Roast the poblano peppers and put them inside the tortilla when you eat it.

Also put homemade pico de gallo in, which is just diced roma tomatoes, onions and jalepenos with a very big twist of lime over it.

Best with corn tortillas, I've found.

Tavs said...

PS: the meat is from the meat case, in case you're going to try finding it at the store. half a pound per person is usually good.

Anonymous said...

The cut of meat is skirt steak, also known as fajita in spanish.