Friday, July 10, 2009

Musical Crates

Finished product in the wire crate corner (Bunny's recent plastic cast off seen to the side)


Finished product in the "old dog" corner

"Quit moving crap around, I am tired!" Lily doesn't care where she sleeps, apparently... as long as her cushion is firmly underneath her.I thought this was very industrious of her, seeing how I rudely stacked her cushion on top of Bunny's crate.


Interesting tid-bit: the crate Lily is laying on is actually the one Phoebe flew in when she came from Missouri. I have no clue who BB is (on front) but it also says Phoebe Ewen and our address. Lol. Ooooooold crate!



Every so often we do the great crate shuffle at our house, with the goal of having everyone in a crate that is comfortable, not just a "fit." When Lucy died, we shuffled crates to better accommodate Bunny. Cosmo got Lucy's and Bunny got Cosmo's, and Bunny's little crate that fit her body but didn't have much sprawling space went to the garage.

Then we got Lucky, and he came with 2 crates. I chose to put him in the wire one because it is prettier, bigger, and looks just like Lily's (making the crate corner more uniform... crate interior design 101). The plastic model went out on the back porch, until Quinn measured it and realized it offered an extra inch in the length department that Cosmo desperately needed. So the shuffle commenced! Bunny got Cosmo's again, Cosmo got Lucky's plastic model, and the smaller one got cast off to the side.

Cosmo still tries to get into his old crate now and then (and Bunny tries to get into Cosmo's new bigger one... sometimes WITH Cosmo, which really makes him fret). Cosmo STILL needs a longer crate, though. I wish they made California King crates for the long dogs. He eats with his crate open and the bowl outside, because the bowl won't fit with the door closed and the dog inside. I may just go on Craig's List and see if I can find one of those crate swaps they sometimes have!

2 comments:

Baledwr said...

BB is Phoebe's mom.

Useless tidbit.

Tavs said...

You know, now that you mention that, I did know that her mom was BB. It's been a long time since I picked that little puppy up from Seatac.