Friday, July 10, 2009

So Sad!

My friend, Beth, sent me this article the other day. I'm hoping whoever buys the place wants to keep it open to the public in some form. It's one of the most beautiful, peaceful places I've ever been! Beth and I had an amazing brunch there just before I moved to Texas. In fact, it was so good that I blogged about it! I'm sad that I may not be able to visit it when I go back!



View Point Inn Goes Up For Sale
Posted By James Pitkin On July 9, 2009 (12:46 pm) In Business, Multnomah County, News

view_point_inn_500

Nearly three years after Multnomah County granted them a commercial use permit after a long battle, the owners of the View Point Inn in Corbett are selling the historic property.

Owners Geoff “Buff Daddy” Thompson and his partner, Angelo Simione, announced they can’t afford the $1 million in repairs and improvements that the 85-year-old hotel and restaurant needs. The owners say in a news release they sought investors and loans “to no avail.”

Thompson and Simione also blame their woes partly on legal costs incurred in what they describe as a...

Article taken from News and Culture - http://blogs.wweek.com/news
URL to article: http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2009/07/09/view-point-inn-goes-up-for-sale/

No comments: