Girl:
- Matilda
- Magda
- Violet (though everyone on my side of the family would be angry with me because my Grandmy Violet found her greatest life's pleasure in making misery for others... I just happen to love the name, and she was always wonderful to me)
- Brenna (this was going to be Quinn's name if he was a girl and I really liked it)
- Effie
If we want to venture into names already used on pets but that are beautiful nonetheless:
- Chloe
- Emma (overused this generation, though)
- Tess
- Hannah
- Kitty (but I don't want her to be made fun of for having a stripper name so maybe not)
Or if we want to venture into Ancient Greece, I have always loved Euridice. Euridice Moline, though? Eh. Maybe she could just have a first name like Cher or Madonna. On that note, I also really love Isolde. Again... Isolde Moline? Eeks.
Or I could name her after my belly button scar, Hildegard, whom she is going to be wreaking havoc on soon.
Boy names:
- George
- Jake
- Jack
- Steven
- Duncan
- Zack
- Heath
Quinn's best friend back home, Andre, has put in a special request for Tyrell or Tyrone, depending upon gender. I think I'll pass, though :)
Or there is always Pedro...
8 comments:
My votes go to Violet (I know an adorable little girl with that name! too cute, yet classic!), Brenna, Chloe, Emma, (and my personal favorite that I would like to use some day), Hannah. For the boys I like Jake, Jack, Duncan, Heath.
Are you going to find out what sex the baby is??? :)
Oh HECK yeah. I am way too impatient not to find out. I almost bought one of those stupid little drug store kits the other day, but the reviews say they are always wrong. So I'll just have to wait. I was really vibing on a girl, but Jeff and Quinn really think it is a boy.
I like all your girl picks. I think Jack would actually be a pretty cool boy name. It's not overused, right? I am really worried about overused names.
Maybe I should save Hannah for you :) I imagine at some point our kids and dogs will all be playing together back in the northwest.
at the rate I'm going, it's looking unlikely... ;-) I just can't wait to hear what you and Jeff pick! I love names! :) Jack isn't overused at all - Jackson (and it's variations) is WAY popular tho! I've heard some pretty unusual names this year... Boston.... Navy....Lennon...Bricklyn...the list could continue. people are gettin' creative these days! ;-)
Ok, so my input on the names...anything with M is going to sound funny with Moline...but she will ony have it till she gets married, so that might not be a bad idea if you LOVE one of them. I loved Jenna until I married Luke, Jenna Jenne. And then I was like, she'll only have it till she's married. So minus the M names...Violet Moline or Brenna Moline or Effie Moline. I think Effie could be cute, I think Brenna is close to Jared and Mindy's Breanna...but is cute too. Violet is not bad....though I think of Willy Wonka. I LOVE Hannah and Chloe. Boys names...I really like Jack and Zack, I think they just sound good with an "M" last name...Duncan and Herath are not had...we have too many Steven's in our family and George reminds me of George Bush or Curious George...you've got a lot to pick from but it does make it easier when you know the gender...then it's easy to focus! :P
I like the boy names much better than the girl names so I'm starting to hope for a boy!!! Hehe!
Some of them could grow on me tho...
Jack & Jake are my faves that sound good with Moline. My friend spelled her little boy's name Jaxon, which is so cute.
Oh yeah...about Jaxon, they use Jax for a nickname instead of Jack....just an idea...
Thanks for the sister in law input! You know, I did notice that my boy name list is much stronger than my girl name list. I can't wait to find out. I think that unless Jeff hates it, Jack will be the winner on the boy side.
As for the girls, I am still so torn. I love Matilda, but everyone keeps giving me reasons not to use it... the general consensus is that it is a "get made fun of" name, kind of ugly, and a lot of people have been like "We'll call her Mattie!" which I kind of hate. I like Maddy (with d's), but it's very overused right now. Otherwise I'd go with Maddy or Madeline. With Matilda out of the way, Brenna was my front runner, but in the back of my mind I was thinking it might be too similar to Breanna and Nat, you just confirmed it for me. We don't want to be mixing the girls up when we're all old and senile.
Still hoping for a girl since there is way too much boy going on in this house (we even have more boy dogs than girl dogs!) and I don't think I can handle my 2 year old learning by example how to either make fun of me, or walk over sit on me and fart... so yeah, crossing fingers for a sweet little girl.
Traci, you never know! My mom got married and had my brother when she was 40. Not saying you're going to have to wait until you're 40... just until you find someone worthy of your time! But don't feel like you're too old or any of that junk. No reason to put yourself on a timetable.
Post a Comment