Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Quinn says that I am not allowed to blog, because if you don't have anything to say, you shouldn't say anything. The conversation went something like this:

Me (starting at blank screen): "How do you know I don't have anything to say?"

Quinn: "Because you haven't done ANYTHING today. I came out at noon and you were sleeping on the couch, you made one call, then you went back to sleep, now it's 8 o clock, we haven't even eaten yet, and you haven't done ANYTHING today."

I suppose that is a fairly accurate assessment of my day. I am being sort of a baby about this whole baby thing. I get that it's my own fault and that babies are cute and this too shall pass and all of that good stuff... but I am a complainer and whiner. Have been my whole life.

Quinn breaks in again, after looking at my screen:

"How are you coming up with that much to WRITE about? You haven't removed your butt from the couch the whole day and you're coming up with that much to write about it?"

So anyway, I am exhausted all of the time and it sucks. If I have a second child ever, I will forfeit my right to complain about that one, because I will know exactly what I am getting into. For some reason I thought this would be a piece of cake, though. Wow, I really should get over the whole learning things for myself trait that I have.

Quinn: "I hope you know I'm going to delete that later."

Apparently he doesn't like being quoted. I am playing around with raw meat to feed him, though, so I think he can just be quiet.

Jeff has been gone for 2 weeks in Shreveport, Louisiana for work (poor thing) and he will be home on Friday. I am really excited to see him, and so is his dog, who has been an utter pain in the butt this whole time. He freaks out whenever Jeff is gone, and all he has done the entire two weeks is bark at us and be needy. Quinn is excited to see him, too, because Jeff is hilarious, and he also cooks much better than I do. I'm pretty sure Quinn thinks he is dying of starvation, minus the time Jeff's parents brought us dinner, and minus last night when they invited us over for dinner. Oooh, they had another really awesome game of Uno, too. It's called Uno Stacko. It gets your adrenaline going and it's really fun.

Quinn: "Tubberware! That's what you call maternity clothes!"

Sigh.

I actually enjoy his obnoxious teenage boy banter. Probably more than I should, but this is just our typical conversation. I'll miss it when he eventually either grows up (not likely judging from the men in our family) or moves away because I'm uncool.

Quinn: "We should do something. I hear sitting around doing nothing gives you cancer."

I guess I'll go eat and do something because, as Quinn says: "Tavs, your laziness makes me sad face."

Oh yeah, has anyone been anemic when they were pregnant? I am wondering if that's my problem. It's abnormal to be tired this much- I slept 9 hours last night then took 6 hours worth of naps today, and am still tired. Plus I am really cold all the time.

6 comments:

Kady Cannon said...

Being tired is normal during pregnancy. I remember actually falling asleep at my desk in the afternoon when I was carrying Jamie.

In a little while you may get to a stage where some euphoria will kick in. That helps.

"Tubberware" - I love it!

Tavs said...

Glad you like the Tubberware comment. It was borderline rude so I almost didn't put it in, but it cracked me up.

I hope euphoria kicks in soon. I can't go with tired for 7 more months!

penni said...

However, you do need to eat properly or you can become anemic -- you might have your doctor (woops! Almost said vet) do a blood test.

Dawn said...

Early pregnancy is a very tired time, so it might just be the "normal" tiredness. I wasnt anemic when I was pregnant, but an very anemic now. Constant coldness and tiredness is very typical anemia symptoms. Next time you go in, have them check, most offices can have those results pretty fast. If you start craving ice (or dirt, starch, other odd stuff) definately go into the doctor because those reactions usually mean your iron is really low. Either way, I hope you start to feel more alive soon-being tired all teh time is really not fun.

Tavs said...

Lol Penni... I often think that a good vet is more competent than the average doctor, but I suppose I have to go to the doctor anyway!

Dawn, thanks for the tips. No odd cravings yet... mostly everything is just sounding bad even though it's not making me sick anymore... though I do crave icy cold water constantly. I feel so dehydrated and can't get enough water. I'm just tired to the point that walking down the hall exhausts me, as does taking a shower, or driving somewhere, or many other every day tasks.

starrynights said...

LOL. Sounds like normal first trimester symptoms. Have you gotten a copy of "What to Expect When You are Expecting" yet? If not, go today and get one! It will answer so many of your questions. I used mine ALL the time as I had no idea what was normal during pregnancy.

In fact, I also used "What to Expect the First Year" and also "What to Expect the Toddler Years" constantly!

Don't worry. Once you hit the second trimester, you will feel MUCH better. Be glad you aren't throwing up 24/7. But be prepared to be tired again the third trimester. I remember being so tired that I could barely function, yet had gotten so big that there was no comfortable way to sleep. Plus, Isabel would start doing acrobatics as soon as I laid down. I remember thinking how unfair it all was. But I guess it's just mother nature's way of preparing you for the hell, ahem, I mean joy of caring for your newborn child.

Hang in there!