Monday, August 4, 2008

Let's hear it for nice asses!

First, I have to mention that when I signed into blogger.com just now I saw "Blogger Babies" which is the most hideous display of ugly, frightening looking... oh, woops... I meant cute (?) babies I have ever seen. Did anyone else see this? Yikes!

So, I am on my second day of working out. I feel like a complete bad ass. My calves are throbbing and my butt is lifting, and I seriously want to eat a bag of M&M's so bad I could kill someone. Two days of working out does not entitle me to and M&M party. Please, keep reminding me of this. I am trying to cut out refined sugars, eat regular person portions, and exercise for an hour a day even if that is just walking around the park by the house or busting a move on my Tony Little Gazelle. I think it will make a difference. Hopefully I stick with it.

Why work out? Well, I keep having things happen to me that require surgery. I'm too young for that. I can also no longer rub my precious Lolita (the name I lovingly gave my belly the day she became her own entity and started laying next to me) in all of her tightness and chuckle at all the 30 something girls whose guts hang over their jeans. I am now that girl. Woman. Whatever. Truth is, every woman in my family busts 250 in their 30s and HELL NO that is not happening to me. I have gone from a size 10 to a size 14 in 2 years and that is just not ok.

I also have burned in my mind the day that the boyfriend and I were driving around Rice Village and we saw some cute, tan blonde things with short shorts and fabulous arses (um, hello, they had to have been all of 19) and he refered to them as the "Rice Hotties." Or was it "Rice Honeys?" Not sure. It bugged me, though. Not because he was noticing... I could not care less, actually... but because I deserve to have an ass like that, damn it!

I figure at 30 I have another 15 years... maybe 20 (doubtful, very doubtful, but I am looking at Tina Turner and hoping for 30) to have a rockin' bod and then it is all over. Since my younger years were spent in a skinny, geeky orchestra dork body, I am determined to have a nice toned ass in my 30s. It is my mission...

Now I must get out of this room because Bunny stinks like canned dog food. Eck.

5 comments:

Kady Cannon said...

It can be done. I had one of those skinny, geeky bodies as a high school kid as well. Was ok until after Jamie was born (I was 26) then it's been a long slow creep since then.

Exercise will help but it takes a heck of a lot of exercise per pound (figure 1 lb = 3500 calories). True dieting is temporary. Trust me, at almost 56 I know these things. The key is to reprogram your mind and body as to what food it wants. But not to feel like you are depriving yourself. Portion control. And not eating to make yourself feel better.

Desirea said...

I hear you and your working out! Go for it girl! I started myself and trying the eating better and less thing. We will see how it goes and if I can stay motivated to keep it up!

As for the babies... wow. Thats all I can say.

Mr. and Mrs. Pike said...

wish i was around to exercise with you. i could use a partner - i'm lacking some motivation.

Anonymous said...

i just had a bowl of chocolate ice cream :D

Tavs said...

And this is part of why I am fat. Because my anonymous boyfriend likes dining out and eating ice cream and taking me down with him. The "Rice Hotties" will never date you and your ice cream gut.

I like your advice Carolyn. I do a lot of comfort/stress eating these days and move very little! Sometimes an entire bag of chips and some cookie dough just sounds so good after a stressful day.