Thursday, July 30, 2009

Ugh... Cosmo

I don't know about the rest of you, but my Corgis are trying to give me heart attacks. The big dogs NEVER freak me out like this, mind you... it is ALWAYS the Corgis.

I came out this morning to find Cosmo laying in his crate on his side, with his head mashed as hard as it could be mashed into the wire grating, with his eyes wide open and his tongue hanging out FAR. At first yell he didn't answer, and just before I burst into tears and thrust the crate door open, Mo opened his eyes all groggy like, wondering what the fuss was about.

Damn dawg. I can't decide if they're messing with me, or if they're truly the only breed in the world that sleeps so soundly.

6 comments:

Kady Cannon said...

Does he hear ok?

Kacy kind of sleeps like that now. She doesn't hear you or see you and then you touch her and she jumps.

Tavs said...

Cosmo seems to hear pretty well, actually... I think he must have just been passed out hard in the sleep zone.

Marcy, on the other hand, has a hard time hearing and seeing, and jumps when we touch her from certain angles (usually head on- it's like she doesn't see your hand until it is right at her face, then she all of a sudden sees it and is startled). I'm a tad worried about her trying to become a therapy dog, but it should be alright if she's in situations where people are fairly still/slow so she can be aware of her surroundings.

Baledwr said...

Poor Marcy, you found her calling and she's getting to old. I don't think she'd do anything but jump tho...figure out her zone.

Jenn said...

Marcy sounds like Gannett. He's almost completely deaf, though will occasionally respond to loud claps or other noises. He's also losing peripheral vision and night vision. At 13.5, I suppose it's to be expected. He doesn't seem to mind and is as sweet as ever, so it's all good.

threelittlebackseatdrivers.blogspot.com said...

You and your dogs!!! Want another one? I'm ready to be done with Molly...she's going to poop on my lawn, yuck! I want a small dog that doesn't poop and feeds itself...any ideas? Tell me how you feel @ dogs when you have a baby to take care of...they prob won't take a backseat because you are more attached than I...but I hope it's easier for you to remember everything for them...feeding her is always a 2nd thought... (don't worry she gets fed every day..)

Tavs said...

Natalie, as soon as that baby can hold a bowl and walk at the same time it's joining in on dog feeding duty. Plus from day 1 we are going to start working on "Daddy, I want a puppy!" with the really cute irresistible eye batting thing. Please don't tell Jeff I am conspiring against him.

Seriously, though, I don't know how you do it... 2 babies both in diapers. I'll tell you what. I will take Molly if you will take diaper duty for me!